Are you a little bit confused about the Google penalty for duplicate content? It’s okay. It can have ……….
There are lots of myths about the Google penalty for duplicate content to internet marketers over the last couple of years. Thousands of blogs were written about this matter that people can easily understand the original fact as well. However, get it on your mind that some of the blogs are with the right information where some of them are totally wrong.
For this reason, people are being confused day by day by taking knowledge from misguided people and you’re probably one of them. Moreover, considering this, we’ve taken the decision to write a blog post that you can get real knowledge about the Google penalty for duplicate content. In today’s article, we’re going to demystify you about the Google penalty for duplicate content. Let’s look at a glance.
What is Duplicate Content?
According to Google, “Duplicate content generally refers to substantive blocks of content within or across domains that either completely matches other content or are appreciably similar. Mostly, this is not deceptive in origin.”
Duplicate content is nothing but a term of the search engine optimization field. It means publishing content or any single part of the content on multiple websites.
Whenever any content is published from multiple websites at the same time, Google, Yahoo, Bing, and the other search engine give a penalty on those websites. Thus, they avoid the redundancy of content showing to visitors over and over again.
However, Google hardly gives penalty any website for duplicate content. Even, there is no name for it. Google decides manually as we can guess.
Types of Duplicate content
Based on the tactics, duplicate content has many names at all. These are listed below. Let’s look at a glance.
1| Scraped Content
Scraped content means that content has been taken from another website without any permission from the website’s authority. Have it on your mind that Google and other search engines usually cannot give the highest concentration on the real owner of content all the time.
Originally, it’s not possible to do. For this reason, it’s the duty of a website owner making sure that the website content is free from stolen.
However, to avoid this type of stolen, you can use an app that will help you to monitor your website contents. By the way, you’ll get rid of the duplicate content issues. One of the recommended monitoring software is Awario. You can check it once.
2| Syndicated Content
Syndicated content means that content has published to another website with the permission of the original written. A syndicated content doesn’t make a problem in the SEO field.
In an ideal word, It’s important to make sure as a website owner that the syndicated content publisher is using the canonical tag on the article in order to visitors and search engines can easily find out that this is syndicated content.
However, there is another way to detect syndicated content is a no-index tag. When content is published with a no-index tag, search engines cannot index that website.
3| Problem with HTTP and HTTPS
As a website owner, you should know the difference between HTTP and HTTPs. In many cases, some problems have been made with HTTP and HTTPS. So, as a business owner, you should solve it either yourself or hire someone.
4| Problem with WWW and non-WWW version
People also face some problems with www and non-www versions. If you don’t know about it, hire a web developer and take help for your website.
Recomended: Importance of Content in Website for SEO Ranking
What should we do to avoid the duplicate content issue that we simply get rid of the Google penalty?
To avoid this problem, you can check all the content of your website through any duplicate content checker tool. Here is a shortlist of the duplicate content checker. Let’s look at a glance.
Using any of this software, you can check your content duplicity. This software will show you everything in-depth that you can make the right decision for your website.
How much of the website is duplicated?
According to Mutt Cutts, approximately 25 to 30 percent website is with the duplicate content issue. So, it’s a great problem at all. If you can write content targeted a keyword free from duplication, you may go on the first position of Google and many other search engines as they are always finding out the plagiarism free content for the visitors.
How thoughts Google Penalty for duplicate Content?
There are many blog posts on what Google is thinking about duplicate content today. Here are the most common parts of those posts; however, if you want to know more about Google penalty for duplicate content, you may read the articles.
- Google doesn’t penalize any website for duplicate content. This is really true. You may ever hear any penalty based on duplicate content. The reason behind it that there are millions of websites all over the world based on affiliation. And every website is writing on the same though on their website as well. This is a common senior on the Amazon-affiliated website. Ever one is building their website based on the same content.
- Another reason is Google knows that people don’t like to see the same content over and over again. So, it always filters the website and shows only one version of a website. So, you don’t need to worry about the Google penalty for duplicate content.
- Actually, Google always changes its algorithms that people cannot understand its ranking policy properly. And the authority of Google tries to filter all the duplicate content to avoid redundancy.
- Duplicate content may not make any problem unless the website owner tries to manipulate the search engines. If Google sees that a website owner is trying to rank on the first page with duplicate content, then Google may give a penalty for duplicate content.
- Google itself tries to find out original content and tries to rank on the first page of Google.
- Have it on your mind that there is a low known as DMCA. if you see that someone is publishing your content without your permission, you can request to remove under the DMCA act. Thus, your content will safe from stolen.
Can I get the original source that I can get rid of doubt? Why not? Here are the links to Google’s official blog about duplicate content. Let’s look at a glance
- Deftly dealing with duplicate content
- Duplicate content due to scrapers
- Google, duplicate content caused by URL parameters, and you
- Duplicate content summit at SMX Advanced
- Block crawling of parameterized duplicate content
- Duplicate content
I’m sure that you’ll be able to solve your problem if you follow these links perfectly.
What are the solutions to duplicate content?
There are many solutions to duplicate content and every solution is not perfect for every time. It varies on many factors.
- Don’t need to take any step: You may have seen that I’ve mentioned previously Google doesn’t show duplicate content and it always filters the content. For this reason, you don’t need to take pressure about it.
- Canonical Tag: Use the canonical tag to avoid any unexpected situation. A canonical tag will save your website from getting the duplicate issues.
- 301 redirection: The 301 redirections will help you to prevent pages from most duplication issues.
How does Google detect duplicate content?
Google has Google bot that is working all the time to find out the content. When someone published any content on his/her website, Google crawler crawls the content to its database. Then, it compared your content with the other content. Finally, it reaches a decision whether your content is eligible to be rank on the first page of Google or not.
How do I solve duplicate content issues?
If you face any problem with the duplicate content issue or you see that someone stole your content, you can act against that person on DMCA. DMCA will take a step in no time and Google will remove that content from its database. Thus, you can stay in the safe zone.
Can I duplicate a Google site?
Yes. You can do it. But at the end of the day, you’ll be punished by Google. So, don’t do this.
Do duplicate page titles affect SEO?
You may face a bit problem with duplicate page titles. However, you should not make a copy title and Meta description on your website. Create a unique title for your website.
The day will come your website will appear on the first page of Google and many other search engines. And you won’t face any duplicate issue.
Is HTTP and https duplicating content?
Google cannot understand properly so that one should use only the HTTPS version for his website.
We’ve tried to inform you about the Google penalty for duplicate content in 2019. Let us know by commenting if you have any more questions in this matter. We have a dedicated team who are working all the time for you.